I'm Robert Sormani, and This is How I Work

Posted by Unknown on 6:23 AM with 4 comments
+Robert Sormani  is proud to serve as the principal of Chisholm Trail Middle School. Robert is also an avid family man, marathon runner, and self-proclaimed sandwich-making expert.  Let's learn more about how Sormani stays productive.

Robert Sormani
Location: Chisholm Trail Middle School

Current Gig: Principal

Current Mobile Device: iPhone 4

Current Personal Computer: You don't want to know

One word that best describes how you work: Focused

What apps/software/tools can't you live without?: Mobile Email & Calendar -- I thought it would make me work too much at home, but instead, it makes me more efficient when I get to work allowing me to be home sooner.


What's your work-space like?:Full of stuff! Some of it is work related, some of it is fun stuff I have collected through-out my career. Little kids love my office because there is so much to play with.

What's your best time-saving trick/life-hack?: Stop watching TV. Waste of time. Use the extra time to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally. When I'm taking better care of myself, I do a better job at work making me more efficient and focused on what matters. For example, running at 5 am may take away from my sleep, but I get to work less stressed and more focused allowing me to get more done and get home earlier.

Besides your phone and computer, what gadget can't you live without?: My Garmin watch. I don't know why or how I used to run without one!

What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else? What's your secret?: Making sandwiches. When I bring my lunch to school, people think I bought it somewhere. The secret? A good meal has lots of bright colors in it. Recipes are for wimps!

Art by Mrs. Sormani
What do you listen to while you work?: The voices in my head. Usually they are benign but occasionally they tell me to do things like dress up as Alexander Hamilton and walk around the school as if nothing was amiss.

What are you currently reading?:The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy! My son and I love it! I'm also reading The Bell Ringer by Victor Rodriguez a former SAISD superintendent. Lots of wisdom in his life story.

Are you more of an introvert or extrovert?: At work, I am extroverted. At home, I am a very private person who likes to keep to himself. My wife still has trouble imagining what I must be like at work.

What's Your Sleep Routine Like?: Bed before 10pm and up at 5am when running or 6am on a regular day.

Fill in the blank. I'd love to see _______ answer these same questions.: +Christopher Teter/Goals   because he'd say something funny. +Gabi Nino cause I want to know her professional secrets. +Mark Gabehart  because I want to know what technology the technology guy can't live without.

What's the best advice you've ever received?: Don't wast your time complaining when you can be fixing the problem instead. Dad was so right.

What other interesting careers/jobs have you held?
Bagel Maker, Line Cook at Outback Steakhouse, & Warehouse Guy at Toys R Us. I even shoveled manure in high school for money once.


Thanks, +Robert Sormani! Who in Round Rock ISD would you like to learn more about how they organize their daily lives and seem so productive? Comment below or send suggestions to Ryan Smith


Categories: , , ,